Participants are cordially invited to submit a full-length manuscript for publication in a virtual special issue devoted specifically to XIVth International Conference on Molecular Spectroscopy, which will be followed by publication of accepted manuscript in a regular issue of one of three journals (chosen by participant): Journal of Molecular Structure, Spectrochimica Acta Part A or Vibrational Spectroscopy.
This is quite new approach proposed by Elsevier, which - with the options for additional material, i.e. (colour) photos, animations, etc, which would not be included in a printed issue ‒ will certainly make ICMS 2017 special issue more complete and accessible than it has ever been.
This approach has the following advantages:
- Papers are published individually in regular issues as soon as they are accepted (this will rule out possible delays, typical in publication of printed special issue, where all manuscript have to be processed before publication).
- Each paper will be labeled with a footnote indicating at which conference it was presented, and linking to ICMS 2017 Virtual Special Issue.
- Virtual Special Issue will be prepared and placed on Elsevier special issue site ‒ with links to papers in Science Direct.
- Besides supplementary data submitted with accepted papers, the additional materials, e.g. preface, possible commemorative photos from conference ‒ with the added possibility of presenting photos and videos from poster sessions, will also be available online via ICMS 2017 Virtual Special Issue.
The submission window is opened between August 1st, 2017 and September 30th, 2017.
In order to submit your manuscript, please:
- Choose one of the journals (Journal of Molecular Structure, Spectrochmica Acta A and Vibrational Spectroscopy)
- When preparing your manuscript(s) please carefully follow the journal’s Guide to Authors, which you can find on the online submission site:
- In your cover letter please mention that your manuscript is intended for inclusion in the ICMS 2017 multi journal virtual special issue
- It is important that you select the correct article type when they submit your article in EVISE®/EES, i.e. "VSI:ICMS2017". Please note that if you select the wrong article type, your paper may end up publishing in a regular issue and not the special issue.
- All manuscripts will be subjected to the mandatory selection process for this journal, including the strict peer review procedure, therefore acceptance for presentation at the meeting is not a guarantee for publication in the journal.
- A separate dedicated video website can also contain videos comprised of a PowerPoint presentation or graphics presented along with an audio commentary given by you, the presenter, or one of your colleagues. This is intended as part of the “expanded” virtual issue, and will not be included in the regular issue of the journal. If you wish to submit your poster presentation via this method, please contact the undersigned for a template and further instructions.
- A virtual special issue will only be possible if sufficient papers are accepted to make this possible.
If you experience any technical problems or have any technical questions during the submission process, please contact Elsevier Author’s Support: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions on the submission and reviewing process, please contact us.
We sincerely hope you will wish to contribute to ICMS 2017 MJ-VSI project, and would wish you every success with the submission and eventual publication of your paper(s).